Monday 21 September 2015

[Assignment] Character Profile

"In order to understand 4 different types of customers and how to target them, IDEO developed 4 different characters for a pharmacy wanting to reach the male-beauty product market"

 I Andrew Desmond want to understand the Laptop rental scheme in the UCD James Joyce library.

My Procedure will be:

To observe real people using the product, to develop, character profiles to represent archetypes and the details of their behavior and lifestyle. This will bring a typical customer to life and the value of different needs to different users. I stood next to the machine in the library and whenever someone rented out or returned a laptop I got them to fill out a short survey, so I could create character profiles. In total I observed 84 people over three days and below in the "I found the following" section, you can see my results form the procedure.
The survey I used to help build my character profiles!

I Found the Following:

Below are 2 character profiles I built as a result of my observations. 
Character Profile 1.  Click on the Picture for a closer look!

Character Profile 2. Click on the Picture for a closer look!



Recommendations

  • Over 75% of people observed, need pre-installed software to help them complete projects.  
  • This service is only available in the James Joyce library in UCD, but not in any of the other 4 UCD libraries. It seems that UCD should look at setting up a laptop rental scheme in the Health Sciences Library (Profile 2) and have pre-installed software on some but not all the laptops. (Profile 1 & 2). 
  • Also looking at 'Usage' figures from Profiles 1 & 2, the rental time should be increased form 3 hours to 4-5 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment