Tuesday 3 November 2015

[Case] Scrum Proposal

Case Study 

Please find the details of the case study HERE

Recommendations 

It's clear that new product development (NPD) and maintenance work are two different sides of the same coin for the company, however, each has their own life-cycle.

My recommendation for the company is to split the NPD and the maintenance team. Thinking about my recommendation I felt it would be hard to implement this in the company, however having read fellow classmates blog's; I think Hogan (Neal) Tran best surmises how my recommendation could be used in the real world.  That is that each customer is allocated a team, and the team and the customer progress together throughout the lifecycle.

It seems that the company hasn't expressed this to its employees or created a culture for it. Cheating a little bit and using this weeks paper about Pixar, one of their recommendations is to create an environment which facilities the nature of work the company wants to produce.

I don't think that the company should add another employee, rather the company should follow my recommendation above. 

Other considerations 

I don't think implementing scrum would impact their ISO9000.
They should employ scrum, as part of this I think daily stand up meetings are something the company should employ straight away. 

1 comment:

  1. a roadmap for your own vision next? concrete next steps...

    ReplyDelete